The Prodigal Altar Boy

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pre-trip Jitters - THE PRODIGAL ALTAR BOY BLOG


THE PRODIGAL ALTAR BOY BLOG
180-DAY COUNTDOWN
T-177 DAYS AND COUNTING

Karen Everett Inner Circle Work:
  • Refined two elevator pitches
  • Watched module #3 of “Editing the Character-Based Documentary”
  • Accountability partner weekly call
  • Shoot kit
  • Proposed shot list

Music Practice:
  • Stratocaster warm-up
  • Inversion Excursion work
  • Cmin7-Bb/D-F R&B riff work

Body Work:
L.A. Fitness workout
30 minutes treadmill interval work



Pre-trip Jitters
I head out to Tidewater tomorrow to shoot TQ’s funeral.  Checklist after checklist.  Shoot kit checklist? Check.  Shot list checklist? Check.  Checklist checklist? Check.  I know I am prepared for this shoot, and I think the excessive checklists are part of denial.  It is self-play I engage in to keep from concentrating on the finality of it all.  No more tQ to hold my hand and make introductions.  No more TQ to run interference and get me access to people that do not want to be interviewed.  No more TQ to bellow, “Is it done yet?”  It is up to me to make this documentary.