The Prodigal Altar Boy

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Prodigal Altar Boy Countdown - "Semper Gumby"



2011 – Last 100 Days
Prodigal Altar Boy Countdown
T-20 Days to Go
11 December 2011

Goal:  1 hour per day working on the film
Details: 
Worked on assembly edit.
Total time:  1 hour


Goal:  30 minutes per day music practice
Details:
Warm up on the MojoCaster
Grace City Music prep:
“Lord, You Are Awesome” – Bb
“Come Now is the Time to Worship” – D
 “Shackles” – Gm (replaced)
“We Fall Down” – Eb
“Breathe” – A (replaced)
Grace City Sunday service
Pat Metheny etudes exercise #1 bars 1-4 25X
Adrenalinn III power supply died.  Did the service with the ART T-28 and the Roland GR-20
“It’s Your Thing” – Isley Brothers
“Talkin’ Loud and Sayn’ Nothing” – Living Colour version
Total time:  2 hours

Goal:  15 minutes exercise per day
Active rest

Goal:  15 minutes per day working on the score for the movie
“Dies Irae” – 25X run-throughs of the entire piece
“Dies Irae” – Dyad/octave work
Total Time:  30 minutes

Notes:  Twenty days and counting. 

Lessons Learned

Stay LooseDraw the line between preparation and constraint.  As I start playing in the Sundayworship setting again, I am refining my practice practices (redundant, redundant) so I am more efficient with my time.  I spent several hours yesterday practicing the set list for today, as well as picking specific Adrenalinn III patches for individual songs and workingthose patches with the GR-20.  When set up this morning at Grace City, the Adrenalinn II would not power on.  After a couple of minutes (that felt like hours) of troubleshooting, I had to abandon the Adrenalinn III and get all of my tone from the ART T-28.  I am not a stranger to the “Attack Module,” so it did not take long to dial in the tones I wanted for the service.  The point is I didn’t panic and I did not decide that since the A3 was kaput, I could not do the service.  At the end of the service, everything went well.  Kendall amended the song list (not from my input) and the new songs fit well with the tone from the ART amp.  “Semper Gumby”