The Prodigal Altar Boy

Thursday, May 10, 2012

T-Minus 170 DAYS AND COUNTING - THE PRODIGAL ALTAR BOY BLOG


THE PRODIGAL ALTAR BOY BLOG
180-DAY COUNTDOWN
T-Minus 170 DAYS AND COUNTING

Karen Everett Inner Circle Work:
  • Accountability call
  • Edit work on elevator speech

Music Practice:
  • Stratocaster warm ups
  • Inversion excursion
  • R&B Chord linking work
  • “So What?” – Miles Davis
  • “Dies Irae” - Verdi

Body Work:
L.A. Fitness
60/60 seconds interval training – 30 minutes

The TQ Project – Where I am Now
Tuesday is the second week of the Inner Circle.  I spent the days since the last call working on the “elevator speech,” which led me to the latest edition of Morrie Warshawski’s book “Shaking the Money Tree,” which talked about filmmakers having a mission statement.  I made a first pass at a mission statement earlier in the week and distributed that to the Advisory Board for comment.  Comments are due Sunday evening.  We will see what the Board has to say.  I had my accountability call with Michael today and that went well.  He has a fascinating project on Pushkin and he is doing some great work on the documentary.  What I need to do is get back to the assembly edit, specifically, incorporating Karen’s suggestions from the consultation, as well as cutting closer to the three-act, character-driven structure. 

Add to that the immediate issue of reviewing the funeral footage.  I am headed back to Norfolk for Mother’s Day.  I’m hoping a few days away from it all will recharge my batteries and get focused on the tasks at hand.