The Prodigal Altar Boy

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Top Ten Favorite Things of the Last 100 Days #1 – Jesse Wieman

2011 – Last 100 Days
Prodigal Altar Boy Countdown
ZERO Days and Counting
31 December 2011

Goal:  1 hour per day working on the film

Details: 
Read articles from “Documentary” magazine
Total time:  30 minutes

Goal:  30 minutes per day music practice
Details:
Sunday Set List Work:
I Will Bless The Lord At All Times
I Am A Friend of God
Open The Eyes of My Heart
Holy Is The Lord
I Lift Up My Hands
Rig check and patch selection
Pat Metheny Etudes – exercise #1 bars 1-4 5X
Pat Metheny Etudes – Exercise #1 bars 5-8 10X
Total time:  2 hours

Goal:  15 minutes exercise per day
Active rest. 
Total time:

Goal:  15 minutes per day working on the score for the movie
 A Dorian (intervallic) riff work with Adrenalinn III
Amin – D7 chord work to support A Dorian intervallic work
Total time:  15 minutes

ZERO Day – It’s The Final Countdown

My Top Ten Favorite Things of the Last 100 Days
#1 – Jesse Wieman


Jesse Wieman is the man.  I saw some of his work, and he knocked me out with his stencil work.  So far, I’ve commissioned three works based on photographs related to the movie.  The “TQ as Superman” and “TQ with Chalice” have been shown off and on in the blog during the past 100 days.  The two latest pieces “Going His Way” and “Nat Turner Liturgy” make their first appearance in the blog on the final post of 2011.  “Going His Way,” licensed from the Virginian-Pilot, was a photo accompanying and article on TQ during his early days in Poquoson.  Jesse took that portrait and loaded it with context and implied backstory.  I cannot wait to edit this into the assembly cut I am working on. 

The second picture is from a photograph of Dr. Philip Lucas, who played Nat Turner during the Easter mass in Southampton, where Nat Turner led his slave revolt and was sentenced to death.  While at St. Mary’s (now a minor basilica) in Norfolk, TQ based the Easter liturgy around the Confessions of Nat Turner. 

When I picked up these two paintings, Jesse gave me a Christmas gift.  The tag read, “To my biggest fan.”  It was a small portrait of Boris Karloff.  That is why I am his biggest fan.

It was one hundred days of learning and I will unpack that during the opening moments of 2012, where I have 365 days ahead of me (God willing)…

Stay Tuned