The Prodigal Altar Boy

Monday, December 26, 2011

My Top Ten Favorite Things of the Last 100 Days #5 – Shannon Corbeil



2011 – Last 100 Days
Prodigal Altar Boy Countdown
T-5 Days and Counting
26 December 2011

Goal:  1 hour per day working on the film

Details: 
Read the Karen Everett blog “Protagonist’s Statement of Desire”, posts and other articles.
Total time:  30 minutes














Goal:  30 minutes per day music practice
Details:
Warm up on the MojoCaster
Pat Metheny Etudes – exercise #1 bars 1-4 25X
“It’s Your Thing” – Isley Brothers
“Talkin’ Loud and Sayin’ Nothing” – Living Colour
Total time:  30 minutes

Goal:  15 minutes exercise per day
Active rest
Total time:

Goal:  15 minutes per day working on the score for the movie
“You Are the Living Word” Chord progression working in the “Guitar Tricks” Amin chord
“Granby Street” on the MojoCaster – focus: vocals, ending and lyrics
“Dies Irae” – 25X on the MojoCaster
“Dies Irae” Focus work on octave climbs and dyads
A Dorian Riff work
A Dorian riff chord progression
Gospel Skillz R&B chord work
E – B/D# - C#min – A chord work
Total time:  30 minutes

Five Days – It’s The Final Countdown

My Top Ten Favorite Things of the Last 100 Days
#5 – Shannon Corbeil


Today is Boxing Day.  This was in my email box this morning:

Happy Boxing Day.  Tradition says  (at least what I read on that internet)  that in jolly old England this is the day when the landowner would bestow gifts to "the help," usually in the form of a pair 16 oz. Everlasts (bright red for the holiday).  Once the servants were all laced up, any and everyone was fair game for a sucker punch tagging. 
 
Maybe I dreamt that.

I am NOT dreaming that we are down to five days left in this 100-day experiment. Number five in my Top Ten is Shannon Corbeil.  She is a fantastic artist actor who did one of the first paintings for the TQ Project.  I met Shannon when I bought a work she did called “Desire,” which I gave my wife for out tenth wedding anniversary.

I liked what she did and commissioned a painting based on a Virginian-Pilot photograph of TQ that I licensed.  The photograph captures the loneliness TQ must have felt on his quest.  Last week, a co-worker told me about a quote she liked.  The thrust of the quote was when you are doing something completely different; you have to expect to be alone:
 
Shannon took that loneliness and captured it on canvas: