The Prodigal Altar Boy

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wolf Pack Got My Back, Jack!


2011 – Last 100 Days
Countdown
T-58 Days To Go
3 November 2011

Wolf Pack
Got
My
Back,
Jack!
Howl, Wolf Pack, HOWL!  The other day I talked about my day of rage.  Today I learned how much my Wolf Pack has my back.  Even though I vowed to move on and let how my supervisor feel about me be his problem, I am still processing everything.  I left work early to take care of some things at home and just unwind alone.  I was talking myself out of working out when someone knocked on the door.  It was the UPS delivery man with a package from Amazon.  I didn’t remember ordering anything from Amazon, but I did get a cryptic email from my mainman Mike, which said, “Something headed your way :)  If you have Mike in your Wolf Pack, you’ve got a wolf that will always have your back.  Mike sent me the book God’s Astounding Opinion of You.”  Thanks for havng my back through thick and though thin.


 
 

Goal:  1 hour per day working on the film
Details: 
Digitized  footage from a July interior shots of St. Mary’s, and an interview with Leo.  Also May 2011 footage of the May interviews with TQ, Kathleen and  Jean.  (four tapes)
Worked on bin strategy for the assemble edit
Researched Vatican archive footage (possibly a better price than the previousl quoted $75/second – 30 second minimum)
Total time:  4 hours

Goal:  30 minutes per day music practice
Details:
Roland-Ready Strat  warm-up
Dies Irae” – 20X (whole piece) on the Roland Ready Strat, followed by octave and dyad work.
 “It’s Your Thing” – Isley Brothers
“Talkin’ Loud and Sayin’ Nothing” – Living Colour version
Pat Metheny – Exercise #1 bars 1-4 with metronome (60 bpm)
Total time:  45 minutes


Goal:  15 minutes exercise per day
Kettlebell swings  (45lb bell) 10 sets of 5 reps (per side)
Kettlebell snatches (45lb bell) 10 sets of 5 reps (per side)
Double Kettlebell squatswith military press (2 X 45lb bells)  5 sets of 5 reps
Total Time:  26 minutes


Goal:  15 minutes per day working on the score for the movie
Details:
Rhythm work on the E – B/D# - C#m – A  progression with metronome (60 bpm)
R&B chord progression work with metronome.
“Granby Street” – 2X lyric swap and bringing in all verses earlier
A Dorian intervallic riff
Total Time:  45 minutes