The Prodigal Altar Boy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Prodigal Altar Boy the blog. Ostensibly, this blog is part of an assignment for a class (COM 480), so don’t tell the instructor about the shameless self-promotion! Prodigal Altar Boy Productions is my documentary film company. Feel free to read what you like into the title. This blog chronicles ongoing work for my current documentary, about Father Thomas J. Quinlan, a (forcibly) retired, controversial priest currently living in the Tidewater area. “TQ,” as he is known, is the textbook definition of “character” and while the film will cover his many escapades, there is also a trail of changed lives and people brought closer to God by a man that put everything on the line and never looked back. I should mention that TQ was the pastor of the church I attended as a teenager (The Basilica of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception) and a lot of his style rubbed off on me. I am honored he let me into his life and convinced many people to let me into theirs to tell his story.

So sit back and enjoy the ride!